Lebanon, KS - Directory
Located just north of the US-36/US-281 junction, Lebanon has access to major markets in four directions. It is also served by main line trains of the Kyle Railroad handling freight. Because of its central location and surrounding farmlands, Lebanon is a crossroads to the nation during hunting seasons with hunters traveling hundreds of miles to hunt Pheasant, Quail, Dove, Turkey and Deer. Location of the geographical center of the United States was established by the government geodetic survey of 1898.
Financed by the business and professional people of Lebanon, a stone marker north and west of town was dedicated on June 29, 1941. When Alaska and Hawaii were added as States, Lebanon’s site became the Historical Geographical Center of the 48 States or the Contiguous United States. There is a park kept up by the U.S. Center Foundation and Volunteers where you can picnic and rest. A small chapel there where you can find inspiration. A few weddings have also been held in the chapel or in the park.
|Latitude:||39° 48′ 35″ N|
|Longitude:||98° 33′ 19″ W|
|School District:||USD 237, Smith Center|
|Local Weather||Local Map|
- Betty’s Beauty Bar - 414 Main St Lebanon, KS 66952 (785) 389-6611
- Lebanon Visitor Center OPEN Daily! - 500 Kansas Ave Lebanon, KS 66952 (785) 620-7115
- Fricker Firearms - 785-282-4427
- Hoss’s Antiques & Collectibles - Hwy. 281 & Main St. Lebanon, KS 66952 785-389-1661
- The Peoples Bank/ATM-ITM - 502 Kansas Ave., Lebanon, KS 66952 (785) 282-6682
- LaDow’s Supermarket/Variety Store & Cafe - 415 Main St. Lebanon, KS 66952 (785) 389-3261
- AFLAC Insurance - 504 Main St., P.O. Box 236, Lebanon, KS 66952-0236 (785) 282-6248 Business Hours: M-TH 9 AM–4 PM firstname.lastname@example.org Cheryl_maus@us.Aflac.com
- Midway Co-Op Inc. - Service Station, Tire Repair, Propane 110 Elm St Lebanon, KS 66952 (785) 389-8561
- Midway Co-Op Inc. - Elevator, Seed Cleaning, Fertilizer, Feed 600 Main Lebanon, KS 66952 (785) 389-5311
- Lebanon RV Park - Chestnut St Lebanon, KS 66952 (785) 282-8517 or (785) 282-1058
- Lebanon Post Office - 418 Main St. Lebanon, KS 66952 - (785) 389-8801
Lebanon Christian Church
Pastor: Lance McDowell (785) 282-6932 email@example.com
Sunday Services: Sunday School: – 9:30 a.m. Worship: – 10:30 a.m.
Address: Lebanon Christian Church Lebanon, KS 66952 Office: (785) 389-1691
Lebanon Methodist Church
Sunday Services: Sunday School: 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Worship: 11:00 – 12:00 a.m.
Address: Lebanon Methodist Church Lebanon, KS 66952
- Lebanon Community Center 420 Main St. Lebanon, KS 66952 Ph. 785-389-3598
- Lebanon Community Park- Downtown
- U.S. Center Park- 1 Mile North and 1 Mile West of Town
- Harmony Park- Main Street: New park with Historic Jail Cells
- Lebanon Golf Course – 1 mile North of Town & 1/2 mile East.
- American Legion Post #185
- American Legion Auxiliary
- Christian Women's Fellowship(785) 389-6971
- Kanza House Genealogy History & Resource Library Assn. Lebanon, KS 66952 President: Gloria Snow firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lebanon Hub Club (Chamber of Commerce) - After over 80 years, this organization has discontinued operating the Center of the Continental USA Park. The U.S. Center Foundation is attempting to fill these shoes. (785) 620-7115
- LHS Alumni Association
- Music Study Club
- U.S. Center Foundation P.O. Box 24 Lebanon, KS 66952 President: Kent Stones (785) 620-7115
City Attorney: Shannon McDowell
City Clerk: Emily Roush
City Fire Chief: Bryan Befort
City Judge: Lance McDowell
City Superintendent: Matt Stock
City Treasurer: Afftin Hommon
Lebanon Volunteer Fire Dept, Call City Office (785) 389-1141.
Lebanon City Offices:
404 Main St Lebanon, KS 66952 Phone: (785) 389-1141.
Office Hours: Mon-Thurs. 1-5 PM; Closed Fri - Sun. & Holidays
US Post Office:
418 Main St Lebanon, KS 66952
Phone: (785) 389-8801
Providers in Smith County Area:
Smith County Family Practice - East HWY 36 Smith Center, KS 66967 Phone:(785) 282-6834
Smith County Memorial Hospital - East HWY 36. Smith Center, KS 66967 (785) 282-6845
SunPorch Long Term Care - 920 East Kansas St., Smith Center, KS 66967 (785) 282-6722
Smith Center Health & Rehab - 117 W. 1st St. Smith Center, KS 66967 (785) 282-6696
Smith County Health Department - 119 S. Main Smith Center, KS 66967 Phone:(785) -282-6656 Fax: (785) 282-3301
Dentists - Red Cloud, NE- Landgren Dental Clinic, (402) 746-3131
Optometrists - The Eye Care Center of Beloit and Smith Center
Myers and Thompson ODS - 128 West Kansas Ave Smith Center, KS 66967 Toll-Free (800) 282-6086 (785) 282-6086, Fax (785) 282-3978; Emergency - (785) 282-6086
Pharmacy: Midwest Family Health - 317 E. HWY 36, Smith Center, KS 66967 (785) 282-3333
As the early settlers came and homesteaded in Smith County, a post office and village were established on Middle Oak Creek in the early 1870’s. A group of settlers asked Jackson “Jack” Allen, a Bible student and leading literary man of the day, to select the name for the town. “Why not go to the Bible?” was his first inspiration. Searching its pages, he stopped when he read of The Cedars of Lebanon and suggested that name. Nobody opposed, and the name of Lebanon was recorded in the records in 1873.
It was in October of 1887 that the residents of Old Lebanon picked up their very town, down to the foundations, and moved it four miles northeast. The people of Old Lebanon moved because the Rock Island Railroad, threading its way across Kansas toward the west, missed old Lebanon.
Location of the geographical center of the United States was established by the government geodetic survey of 1898. Financed by the business and professional people of Lebanon, a stone marker north and west of town was dedicated on June 29, 1941.
Wording on Marker Geographic Center of the United States Latitude 39’50’ Longitude 98’35’ NE _ SE 14-S32-T2S-R11W Located by L.T. Hagadorn of Paulette & Wilson Engineers and L.A. Beardslee County Engineer From data furnished by U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey Sponsored by the Lebanon Hub Club Lebanon KS April 25, 1940
When Alaska and Hawaii were added as States, Lebanon’s site became the Historical Geographical Center of the 48 States or the Contiguous United States.
Lebanon Housing Authority – Cedars of Lebanon; Kansas Ave. Lebanon, KS 66952 Judy Hall, (785) 282-3825
Librarian - Linda Scott
Box 67, North Main Lebanon, KS 66952 (785) 389-5711 Email Address: email@example.com
As of May 2017, Library Hours:
Tue: Noon-5 pm
Closed Friday, Saturday & Sunday and federal holidays.
Library Resources & Services: Member of Central Kansas Library System Children’s Programs Library Board Community Services Computer Services Map to Library Weather
Current Events View current library events at: Library Facebook
Available at the library Applications for the low income energy assistance program (LIEAP) can be picked up at the library. Information is also available about the Earned Income Credit and the Child Tax Credit tax programs. Kansas Income Tax forms and the Kansas Homestead Claim booklet are also available The library has copies of the monthly publication, The Kansas Senior Times. Come in and pick one up.
Summer Library Reading Program To be announced.